Pension Consulting Actuary
Location: Houston, TX
Job Number: 3616
- Our client has become the premier independent provider of actuarial and risk management services to the insurance industry and self-insured organizations worldwide. Their groundbreaking work in employee benefits and financial risk management has led to significant innovations in retirement planning.
- For over 70 years, the firm has continually expanded their capabilities and now includes enterprise risk management, retirement plan administration, predictive analytics, healthcare efficiency, and a range of other consulting and technology solutions.
- They have built a solid foundation on inclusive innovation by working together with the best from all over the world and realizing the variety and uniqueness in everyone truly makes them a stronger organization.
- Award-winning firm – recipient of the Captive Review Award. These awards recognize captive insurance products and services providers offering high level of excellence.
Benefits and Features
- Industry leading total compensation model
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care, transportation, and additional medical expenses
- 401(k) with company match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Additional voluntary benefit opportunities
- Employee engagement program
Your Role with the Company
- As part of the Employee Benefits Practice, the Pension Consulting Actuary will supervise and review client projects including funding valuations, government filings, benefit calculations, nondiscrimination testing, etc.
- This role will manage project staff, budgets, and deadlines as well as lead, direct, and supervise actuarial analysts.
- The Pension Consulting Actuary will provide superior communication to all clients regarding project implications and potential solutions.
- This role is entrusted with inspiring a collaborative team environment while encouraging growth in all members of the team through knowledge and idea sharing.
- The Pension Consulting Actuary is a hybrid role with 1-2 days a week based in the Houston office.
- Houston is a large city with a diverse economy and is rich in culture.
- Offering abundant entertainment with a low cost of living, Houston is a great location.
- EA required, ASA
- 5+ years of pension actuarial experience with at least 2 years at the consultant level
- Working knowledge of cash balance pension plans, multiemployer or public pension, and OPEB plans
- Familiarity with ProVal
- Strong communication skills, including client consulting, presentations, and publications
- Hands-on programming / technical / modeling abilities