OPEB Consulting Actuary
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Number: 3617
- Actuarial firm with approximately 100 employees and multiple office locations nationwide
Benefits and Features
- Salary with bonus opportunities
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) Profit Sharing; Group life, accidental death/dismemberment, and disability benefits
- Paid time off
- Actuarial study time
The Role You will Play
- The OPEB Consulting Actuary will thrive when consulting with clients as well as digging into the numbers.
- This role will provide OPEB consulting services to public, private sector, and multiemployer clients.
- The Consulting Actuary will present actuarial OPEB results to clients in a clear and easy to understand manner in order to help clients solve challenging problems.
- In addition, this role will participate in developing new business.
- In this role, you will have excellent future growth prospects to be or become the lead consultant for several existing OPEB clients and develop into an OPEB expert.
- This role can be based within the following states Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, and California.
- Travel for client meetings required.
- 7+ years of OPEB actuarial consulting experience
- Expertise with retiree medical plan actuarial valuations (e.g., required accounting reports, liability determination, funding analysis, etc.) along with experience reviewing actuarial results in detail and being involved at multiple levels of the employer-sponsored health care consulting work
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex actuarial issues clearly and concisely to a non-technical audience
- Exceptional leadership skills
- FSA and EA are required
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university