Location: Chicago, IL
Job Number: 2843
- A premier independent provider of actuarial and risk management services to the insurance industry and self-insured organizations worldwide for over 70 years. Their groundbreaking work in employee benefits and financial risk management has led to significant innovations in retirement planning.
- The firm continues to expand their capabilities to include enterprise risk management, retirement plan administration, predictive analytics, healthcare efficiency, and a range of other consulting and technology solutions.
- The company has built a solid foundation on inclusive innovation by working together with the best from all over the world.
- Award-winning firm and recipient of the Insurance ERM Americas Awards. These awards recognize enterprise risk management leaders in the Americas. Their technology products were named “Analytics Solution of the Year” and “Cloud Technology of the Year”.
Benefits and Features
- Industry-Leading Compensation Package
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care, transportation, medical expenses
- 401(k) with company match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Voluntary benefit opportunities
- Employee Engagement Program
- Actuarial Exams Program
The Role You will Play
- The Life Actuarial role is responsible for a wide variety of assignments in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, asset liability management, cash flow testing, valuation, financial reporting, and financial modeling.
- This role is entrusted with development and analysis of experience studies and actuarial assumptions.
- In addition to developing valuation models and production processes for US statutory and GAAP reporting, the Life Actuarial role will develop new insurance products.
- The Life Actuarial role is based in the Chicago location with flexibility for a hybrid model with 2 days per week onsite.
- As a large city with surrounding suburbs, Chicago offers a multitude of housing options to suit every lifestyle and a variety of transportation resources for traveling and sightseeing.
- Chicago is rich in culture, arts and entertainment.
- 3-5 years of Life actuarial experience
- Expertise in MG-ALFA
- Proficiency with insurance product modeling
- Strong quantitative background
- Working knowledge of Excel, VBA and SAS
- Clear Actuarial Exam progression, near ASA/ ASA/ FSA
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science or similar