Health and Benefits Actuarial Consultant
Location: Boston/Remote, MA
Job Number: 2977
- Our client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients turn risk into growth.
- They are firm built on a long history of serving their clients with excellence to design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals.
- Their team of over 40, 000 strong servicing clients in over 130 countries and markets
Benefits and Features
- Highly competitive compensation
- Robust bonus structure
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Pension Plan
- And more!
The Role You Will Play
- The Health and Benefits Actuarial Consultant will manage projects for large, complex clients while leveraging experience as a benefits expert to make recommendations on plan design and management on the full array of health and benefits programs.
- This role is the technical/financial expert on select projects.
- The Health and Benefits Actuarial Consultant is entrusted to participate in new business activities and create new intellectual capital.
- This role is positioned to grow into a senior relationship management and/or leadership role by serving as the pivotal point on projects and working alongside industry experts.
- This role is based in Boston, MA, with flexibility to work remotely.
- A capital city located on Boston Bay, Boston is rich in history and culture.
- Boston is a cosmopolitan city with a full suite of amenities, arts, entertainment, and exceptional higher education.
- 7+ years’ experience and success in the design/management of large group health and benefit plans gained in a consulting or brokerage environment; OR 7+ years’ experience and success in a consultative role gained at a carrier or vendor
- Expertise in health and welfare product pricing, underwriting or valuation work
- Familiarity with managing client issues and relationships along with the desire and ability to expand current client relationships
- Strong analytical, creative and integrative skills
- Exceptional communication partnered with experience in training/mentoring junior staff
- State Life and Health license required within 90 days of joining
- Bachelor’s degree with significant quantitative course work and Actuarial designation