Health Actuary Senior Associate
Location: Irvine, California
Job Number: 3168
- Our client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients turn risk into growth.
- They are a firm built on a long history of serving their clients with excellence to design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals.
- Their team of over 40, 000 strong servicing clients in over 130 countries and markets
Benefits and Features
- Highly competitive compensation
- Robust bonus structure
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Pension Plan
- And more!
The Role You Will Play
- The Health and Benefits Senior Associate is a key member of the client service team who will engage directly with clients and establish relationships across all levels of the client organization.
- In this role, you will substantially contribute to the management of projects, leveraging your experience as a benefits expert to make recommendations on plan design and management for the full array of health and benefits programs.
- The Health and Benefits Senior Associate is positioned to grow into a senior relationship management and/or leadership role by serving as a pivotal point of contact on projects and working alongside industry experts on cutting edge solutions.
- This role is based in Southern California.
- With several larger cities in this region, the area is rich in history and culture.
- Southern California enjoys beautiful weather year-round and offers a myriad of amenities, arts, entertainment, pristine beaches, and exceptional higher education.
- 5+ years’ experience and success in the design/management of large group health plans gained in a consulting or brokerage environment; OR 5+ years’ experience and success in a consultative role gained at a carrier or vendor
- Expertise in health product pricing, underwriting or valuation work
- Familiarity with managing client issues and relationships along with the desire and ability to expand current client relationships
- Strong analytical, creative, and integrative skills
- Exceptional communication partnered with experience mentoring junior staff
- State Life and Health license required within 90 days of hire
- Bachelor’s degree and Actuarial designation (or very close to it)