Executive Director & Actuary, Asset Liability Management
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job Number: 2993
- Since its establishment over 45 years ago, our client has become a leader in the global life reinsurance industry. They deliver expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions and more.
- A Fortune 250 firm and recognized by the Asia Insurance Review as “Life Reinsurer of the Year”.
- Unique to the industry, this firm is run by Actuaries and employs over 750 Actuaries on staff.
Benefits and Features
- Highly competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Health and welfare insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Employee Engagement Program
- Onsite dining and fitness center
The Role You Will Play
- The Executive Director & Actuary, ALM will lead Prophet Asset CF production by reviewing/running models and analyzing/communicating results.
- This role will collaborate with Prophet Asset model development team on Prophet upgrade, model enhancement and adoption efforts as well as perform reporting duties and provide technical support in the form of desktop applications, relational databases, homegrown actuarial software, and commercial actuarial software.
- The Executive Director & Actuary, ALM supports senior actuaries by developing/maintaining actuarial models used to perform asset liability management, asset modeling, and other ALM related duties.
- This role is entrusted to interact with other all departments and offices to ensure that department work products are portrayed correctly, understood, and completed in a timely fashion.
- The firm believes in building from within is a key to success and thus the Executive Director & Actuary, ALM will have access to exceptional career growth and advancement.
- This opportunity is based in Saint Louis, Missouri, at the company’s corporate office – an exceptional office space with state-of-the-art fitness center and a variety of options for dining.
- Saint Louis offers a culture of innovation and excellence paired with historic and iconic city sights.
- With an affordable cost of living, Saint Louis is a great place to live.
- 8+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance and/or reinsurance with at least 3 years of Prophet & ALS Asset modeling experience
- Advanced knowledge in Asset Modeling and derivative instruments as well as strong understanding of US GAAP/LDTI and IFRS17.
- Superior technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL, or equivalent technology), spreadsheets as well as experience with actuarial software (Prophet, AXIS, or equivalent)
- Working knowledge and ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of financial data/results and model projections
- Expert ability to foster a teamwork and customer service focused environment partnered with the ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, or related field along with FSA Certification