Consulting Actuary, Health
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Number: 3430
- Our client has become the premier independent provider of actuarial and risk management services to the insurance industry and self-insured organizations worldwide. Their groundbreaking work in employee benefits and financial risk management has led to significant innovations.
- Brand new offices in New York and Atlanta – more open space, more spread out, conference and call rooms, outdoor views, space for eating and events, events in the office, quarterly volunteer work, social events- happy hours, sporting events, recreational sport teams.
- For over 70 years, the firm has continually expanded their capabilities and now include enterprise risk management, retirement plan administration, predictive analytics, healthcare efficiency, and a range of other consulting and technology solutions.
- This company has been named actuarial firm winner by U.S. Captive Review Awards – these awards recognize captive insurance products and services providers offering high level of excellence.
Benefits and Features
- Top Total Compensation Model in the industry
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with company match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Actuarial Exams Program
- Newly structured, industry leading bonus incentives
The Role You will Play
- Contributes to client projects through building and/or updating spreadsheets
- Programming and checking code, reviewing and documenting work.
- Requires ability to work on several projects at once (typically 3 – 4 projects) while interacting effectively with clients and colleagues
- Increased role in projects with a progression toward more of a review function
- Progression toward FSA designation is strongly encouraged and supported
- Review, organize and analyze statistical data; develop and utilize actuarial models; analyze healthcare costs and utilization data; manage client relationships; write reports; work with several actuarial students
- With the option to reside in either Atlanta or New York the options are endless!
- Atlanta combines all the perks of a major metropolitan city with southern charm.
- New York is a vibrant, thriving city with abundant dining, entertainment, arts and culture.
- Like Sports? Theater? Food? No explanation needed!!!
- 4+ years of life actuarial experience
- Expertise in pricing, assumption/experience studies/valuation
- Working knowledge of Modelling with ALFA
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills, including client consulting, presentations, and publications
- ASA or FSA
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, or a similar mathematical or quantitative program