VP, U.S. Pension Business Development
Location: Remote, US
Job Number: 2589
Join an innovative leader in the reinsurance space who values and appreciates their employees’ contributions!
- Since its establishment over 45 years ago, our client has become a leader in the global life reinsurance industry. They deliver expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions and more.
- A Fortune 250 firm and recognized by the Asia Insurance Review as “Life Reinsurer of the Year”.
- Unique to the industry, this firm is run by Actuaries and employs over 750 Actuaries on staff.
Benefits and Features
- Competitive compensation
- Health and welfare insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Employee Engagement Program
- Bonus opportunities and more
The Role You Will Play
- The VP, U.S. Pension Business Development is a key driving force behind our client’s activities in the U.S. Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) market by bringing depth and breadth of expertise and experience in the areas of pension plan de-risking strategies, PRT processes, operations, and product/contract development.
- This role will use demonstrated functional expertise to lead large and/or complex transactions that have significant impact on the firm’s business and financial results.
- In addition, the VP, U.S. Pension Business Development will leverage and broaden an existing network of strong relationships with plan sponsors, brokers and advisors in driving new business activities.
- This role is entrusted with leading external negotiation processes with PRT clients, specifically, pension plan advisors and fiduciaries in connection with de-risking transactions.
- This role works from a remote home office.
- The firm’s corporate headquarters is based in St. Louis, Missouri – an exceptional office space with state-of-the-art fitness center and a variety of options for dining.
- St. Louis offers a culture of innovation and excellence paired with historic and iconic city sights.
- With an affordable cost of living, St. Louis is a great place to live.
- Expertise in pensions and US PRT market with a strong understanding of trends and developments in corporate pension plan de-risking
- 10+ years of experience in life (re)insurance, pensions partnered with 3+ years of hands-on transactional experience in US PRT market (e.g. direct carrier, broker, advisor, law firm)
- An existing network of key contacts at PRT brokers, advisors, plan sponsors, etc. that will deliver on RGA’s client engagement objectives for the business channel
- Highly advanced relationship building skills, specifically in relation to key external relationships for the business channel as well as specific experience with the legal and/or policy administration and/or investment aspect of PRT transactions
- Insurance Producer License (nationwide), preferred