Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Location: Phoenix / REMOTE, AZ
Job Number: 3064
- Our client offers a simple promise to the Managed Device Service industry – better care with lower costs.
- Founded over 5 years ago out of a desire help decrease the cost of delivering high-quality healthcare through technology and innovation.
- With a team nearly 80 strong, they serve over 20,000 patients through an efficient SaaS platform which aggregates all the data a physician requires to quickly monitor those patients.
- They are pioneering several forms of remote patient monitoring focused around cardiovascular health.
- This is an ideal time to join a growing company and have a key role in their success.
Benefits and Features
- Competitive salary
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Bonus Program plus equity
The Role You Will Play
- The Senior Software Engineer (Backend) will build well-documented loosely coupled maintainable API driven systems on GCP or Azure while designing high-quality reliable monitored backend systems with effective observability (OpenTelemetry).
- In addition, this role will create, migrate, and maintain new features following TDD, ATDD, and BDD methodology.
- The Senior Software Engineer (Backend) will show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage, reliability and effectiveness
- This role is entrusted to mentor Junior and Senior Software Engineers in best practices which will instill and drive a delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun and resilient workplace.
- This role has flexibility to work from a remote, US Based home office.
- The company is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Phoenix is iconic as the capital of Arizona and is surrounded by several large and distinct city-suburbs, including Mesa, Tempe and Scottsdale to name a few.
- There’s a variety of entertainment options from sports to spas and splash parks, there’s truly something for all.
- Topped with abundant sunshine and pleasant winters, Phoenix is an ideal location.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Mathematics
- Professional certification in a cloud provider (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- 5+ years of experience deploying and maintaining scalable systems in production
- Expertise in in modern TypeScript (Async, Await, Promise) as well as designing APIs, including versioning, isolation and microservices (REST or GraphQL)
- Working knowledge of security best practices (NIST, OWASP), authentication (SSO, MFA) and authorization (role based permissions)
- Familiarity with implementing a variety of datastores at scale (e.g. Relational, Key/Value, Graph, Document)