Senior Data Scientist
Location: Frederick, MD
Job Number: 2453
Join a leading life insurance firm offering comprehensive benefits plus unique work environment!
- Our client is one of the most financially sound Life Insurers.
- They are among the top 5 providers in the United States, servicing 1.3 million customers.
- While this is a large firm, leadership takes pride in preserving a small company feel that offers great potential for advancement.
How the Company Appreciates You
In addition to an exceptional benefits package, this firm offers:
- 2 volunteer days per year to work in a school or at another community-based event.
- Company sponsored athletic teams to provide a work-life balance while instilling teamwork.
- Just for Fun days, such as family picnics, ice cream days and jean days.
The Role You Will Play
- The Senior Data Scientist will collaborate with partners across the business, especially Underwriting, to tackle a variety of problems using techniques in machine learning and statistical analysis, working to ensure the solutions are ethical and transparent.
- This role will take a project through the modeling lifecycle – translating a business problem into an analytical framework, identifying and pulling together supporting data, building a predictive model, presenting results in a way that is compelling and comprehensible, and working with IT to deploy the solution in production systems.
- The Senior Data Scientist is entrusted with supporting the management of all insurance product lines by creating analytical solutions that are actuarially sound and statistically rigorous.
- This opportunity is based at the firm’s office in Frederick, Maryland.
- Frederick is located along the Potomac River between southern Maryland and northern Virginia, inland from Chesapeake Bay.
- Frederick was ranked #1 Most Secure Large City by Farmers Insurance ratings, and is also rich in arts, culture, and history.
- 5+ years of experience working on analytical projects including data extraction, predictive modeling, visualization
- Expertise in statistical data analysis and modeling with a tool such as R or Python
- Strong applied experience with standard predictive modeling techniques such as GLMs and Machine Learning models
- Working knowledge of at least one visualization software such as Tableau or Spotfire
- Familiarity with Life insurance or Actuarial science and knowledge of products/features
- Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science/Data Science or quantitative field equivalent