Senior Data Engineer
Location: Chicago Park, IL
Job Number: 3068
- Since its establishment over 70 years ago, this company has become the premier independent provider of actuarial and risk management services to the insurance industry and self-insured organizations worldwide. Their groundbreaking work in employee benefits and financial risk management has led to significant innovations in retirement planning.
- Over the years, this company has expanded their capabilities to include enterprise risk management, retirement plan administration, predictive analytics, healthcare efficiency, and a range of other consulting and technology solutions.
- The company has built a solid foundation on inclusive innovation by working together with the best from all over the world and realizing the variety and uniqueness in everyone truly makes them a stronger organization.
- This firm has been awarded Insurance ERM Americas Awards. The awards recognize enterprise risk management leaders in the Americas. Their technology products were named “Analytics Solution of the Year” and “Cloud Technology of the Year”.
Benefits and Features
- Industry-Leading Compensation Package
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Group Term Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care, transportation, medical expenses
- 401(k) with company match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Voluntary benefit opportunities (Adoption benefit, identity theft protection, etc.)
- Employee Engagement Program
Your Role with the Company
- The Sr. Data Engineer works with a team to develop an industry-leading Software as a Service data warehouse platform, analytical tools, and custom applications for healthcare providers, payers, community coalitions, and all payer claims database customers.
- This role will work both in writing code as well as designing data architecture and mentoring fellow engineers in the ever-evolving landscape of Big Data.
- The Sr. Data Engineer will have strong ownership of their work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-functional working environment.
- This role is entrusted to work alongside fellow engineers, as well as product strategy and design teams, to develop cutting edge, end-to-end data pipelines that underpin leading solutions within the healthcare data analytics space.
- The Sr. Data Engineer will be based in the Chicago office.
- As a large city with surrounding suburbs, Chicago offers a multitude of housing options to suit every lifestyle and a variety of transportation resources for traveling and sightseeing.
- Chicago is rich in culture, arts and entertainment.
- Expertise in Big Data technologies – Databricks; Relational database technologies; and Data pipelines
- Working knowledge of building cloud-based solutions (Azure, AWS, etc.) as well as designing tailored data marts for intentional reporting needs
- Familiarity with healthcare data
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology/engineering/computer science