Manager, Commercial Lines Actuarial
Location: Lansing, MI
Job Number: 2787
- Our client has been servicing Michigan for over 100 years, representing the interests of rural members and protecting the lives of Michigan residents from risk.
- This firm is over 750 associates and nearly 400 agents strong. With this dedicated team spanning the entire state, they work as hard as their members do – giving honest service and caring about their legacy.
- Not only does this firm care about their member, it also cherishes their employees even more offering a family environment and flexible work options.
- Awarded the honor of “Top Workplaces” by the Detroit Free Press.
Benefits and Features
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- 401(k) with 5% match
- Personal development opportunities
- Onsite fitness center
Your Role with the Company
- The Manager, Commercial Lines Actuarial will develop expertise in pricing specific property/casualty (P/C) lines as well as monitor industry activity related to the actuarial function and incorporate new methodologies into pricing functions.
- This role will coordinate pricing activities with Underwriting, Products, and Marketing to achieve corporate objectives.
- In addition, the Manager, Commercial Lines Actuarial will supervise the compilation of financial and statistical data to be used in the pricing of the company’s P/C lines.
- This role is entrusted to select, supervise, and train Actuarial staff.
- The Manager, Commercial Lines Actuarial is based in Lansing, Michigan.
- Lansing is the state capital of Michigan and has neighboring communities that suit many lifestyles from quaint, small towns to upscale suburban, there is something for everyone.
- Lansing offers both the amenities of a capital city as well as the educational expertise of Michigan State University.
- This role offers flexible work options including a hybrid model.
- 4+ years of P&C Actuarial experience
- Expertise in pricing, multivariate analysis, and reserving
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, or actuarial science
- ACAS or soon to be obtained ACAS