Manager, Actuarial Services (Commercial Product)
Location: Remote, US
Job Number: 2609
- This top ranked Healthcare Company was awarded the #2 ‘Best Places to Work for Women & Diverse Manager’ by Diversity MBA Magazine.
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks this company among the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties.
- This company provides generous merit increases, two-week parental leave, and true work-life balance.
Benefits and Features
- Medical insurance, including prescription and vision coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Disability coverage
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Supplemental life and AD&D insurance for employee
- Supplemental life insurance for employee’s spouse and children
- Cash balance plan
- Savings plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay
- Tuition assistance for employees, their spouses, and eligible dependents
- Adoption assistance
The Role You Will Play
- Provide pricing tools to enable Underwriting personnel to produce accurate price quotes on request from Sales and Marketing staff in a timely basis, along with appropriate supportive documents that may be needed to facilitate sales.
- Work with the financial reporting department to develop reserve amounts for IBNR claims, active claims, and premium deficiency reserves on a regular or as-needed basis.
- Supervise Actuarial and Underwriting department personnel to ensure that departmental objective and goals are achieved in a timely manner.
- The position work from a remote home office based in the United States.
- This company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA
- Expertise in Insurance Commercial Product – types of Commercial Insurance, general liability, property insurance, business interruption insurance, commercial auto insurance, EPLI, cyber liability insurance, etc.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- ASA or FSA and MAAA
- 6+ years of Actuarial experience in health insurance/managed care.
- In-depth understanding of health insurance market dynamics.
- Strong PC skills, good oral & written communications, and management experience (preferred).