Life Actuarial Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Number: 2498
Progressive firm offering exceptional benefits is seeking a Life Actuary!
- Our client has become the premier independent provider of actuarial and risk management services to the insurance industry and self-insured organizations worldwide. Their groundbreaking work in employee benefits and financial risk management has led to significant innovations.
- For over 70 years, the firm has continually expanded their capabilities and now include enterprise risk management, retirement plan administration, predictive analytics, healthcare efficiency, and a range of other consulting and technology solutions.
- They have built a solid foundation on inclusive innovation by working together with the best from all over the world and realizing the variety and uniqueness in everyone truly makes them a stronger organization.
- This company has been named actuarial firm winner by U.S. Captive Review Awards – these awards recognize captive insurance products and services providers offering high level of excellence.
How the Company Appreciates You
- Most innovative compensation model in the industry
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care, transportation, and additional medical expenses
- 401(k) with company match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Additional voluntary benefit opportunities
- Employee engagement program
- Actuarial Exams Program
Your Role with the Company
- The Life Actuarial Analyst role is responsible for a wide variety of assignments in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, asset liability management, cash flow testing, valuation, financial reporting, and financial modeling.
- This role is entrusted with development and analysis of experience studies and actuarial assumptions as well as asset adequacy analysis and cash flow testing.
- In addition to developing valuation models and production processes for US statutory and GAAP reporting, the Life Actuarial Analyst will develop new insurance products.
- The Life Actuary will be based in the Chicago office.
- As a large city with surrounding suburbs, Chicago offers a multitude of housing options to suit every lifestyle and a variety of transportation resources for traveling and sightseeing.
- Chicago is rich in culture, arts and entertainment.
- 1 or 2 years of experience for FIA/VA/Life
- Expertise in pricing, assumption/experience studies
- Working knowledge of data processing with SAS/SQL
- 2+ Actuarial exams passed
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, or a similar mathematical or quantitative program