Health Actuarial Consultant
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Number: 2989
- Our client is a national, independent actuarial, and employee benefits firm established over 35 years ago.
- They specialize in pension & retirement, health & welfare benefits, investment and compensation consulting services for public sector, multi-employer, and corporate organizations.
- Serving clients across the nation with headquarters in Maryland, they are a team of highly engaged actuaries who are active in the community and present at professional organization and seminars.
- Management at this firm is dedicated to employee engagement and retention, providing continuous learning, professional mastery and integrity so that the team reaches their full potential and can make the biggest impact where they live, work and play.
Benefits and Features
- Health, dental, vision, short & long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) Program with generous matching contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work schedules and hybrid structure with remote and time in our modern offices
- Monthly health club stipend
- Generous paid time off
- Plus monthly employee birthday and anniversary celebrations
The Role You will Play
- The Health Actuarial Consultant will perform Medicare Advantage audits as well as price Medicare Advantage products.
- This role will estimate year-end actuarial liabilities for health insurers and produce MAPD bids.
- The Health Actuarial Consultant will not only be highly engaged with client work but will also be directly involved with Senior and Executive Leadership up to the CEO.
- This role is entrusted to provide exceptional communication and leadership with clients as well as share responsibility of work with the team.
- This role is based with at the firm’s corporate headquarters – a beautiful, modern office in Baltimore, Maryland.
- With a hybrid work model, this role will work from the office 3 days a week and two days from a remote home office.
- Baltimore is a vibrant city located along the Chesapeake Bay, just 40 miles northeast of Washington, D.C.
- Baltimore is rich in history, arts, and culture. The waterfront has become a commercial and leisure destination with excellent museums, a first-class aquarium.
- Expertise in Health Actuarial models plus Medicare Advantage audits and pricing
- 10+ years related experience and/or training.
- Associateship in the Society of Actuaries OR Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries is advantageous
- Bachelor’s Degree