Director of Actuarial Services
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Number: 2845
- This up-and-coming company has already made its mark by partnering with other reputable companies and by achieving awards for innovation; they plan to continue growing for more success.
- This innovated and private-equity backed healthcare company puts focus on a population who tends to be underserved, the frail and elderly, by providing high-quality geriatric care.
- This company won the 2019 HPIR (Health Plan Innovation Roundtable) Traction Award, which recognizes innovation amongst organizations.
Benefits and Features
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package
- Great location
- Long term growth opportunity
- Ability to contribute in building the actuarial function from the ground-up
The Role You Will Play
- This role will lead the actuarial claims analysis, IBNR model development, revenue analysis/forecasting, and provide support in value-based contract negotiations.
- The Director of Actuarial Services will develop annual budgets and reforecasts, in partnership with the Finance and Market leadership.
- Evaluate changes in payor contracts and government programs, make recommendations to improve performance, and provide actuarial insight/expertise to improve performance under full-risk contracts.
- The Director of Actuarial Services is based in Chicago, IL.
- As a large city with surrounding suburbs, Chicago offers a multitude of housing options to suit every lifestyle and a variety of transportation resources for traveling and sightseeing.
- Chicago is rich in culture, arts, and entertainment.
- Expertise in actuarial skills, leading a pricing &/or projection team, and accurately projecting IBNR.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- FSA and MAAA
- 7+ years of full-time actuarial experience and 5+ years of healthcare experience
- Understanding of Medicare Advantage, Medicare ACO, and Direct Contracting programs
- Advanced data analytic skills and an understanding of risk-based contracting and performance analysis