Director Corporate Actuarial
Location: Remote, USA
Job Number: 3550
- This firm is creating an innovative environment where employees belong authentically, contribute meaningfully, and thrive intentionally — both personally and professionally.
- They create innovative insurance products, technology solutions and services to support key stakeholders – improving the health and safety of the people and places they serve.
- They are inspired to create, to challenge the status quo, to think not just about what their customers need now, but what they will need in the future.
- Their team of actuaries, data scientists, and data engineers all together as a strong, cohesive unit.
Benefits and Features
- Competitive 6-figure compensation
- Full Benefits package
The Role You Will Play
- The Director, Corporate Actuarial is responsible for managing the Corporate Actuarial function within the Corporate Risk Department. This includes directing and leading a team of actuaries.
- This role will develop and manage pricing tools, analysis, and management reporting. This includes overall pricing and ensuring that the pricing strategies actuarially sound and aligned with the strategic goals and incentives.
- Working in a nimble environment with minimal “red tape”, the Director, Corporate Actuarial will facilitate forecast development by providing peer review and promoting alignment around communication of key trends, expenses, risks, and opportunities.
- This role is entrusted with determining appropriate types of analysis, then designing and preparing exhibits and other business analyses requiring a technical solution for executive leadership.
- It is also acting as an actuarial liaison to the parent company, business segments and external partners and plays the role of a consulting actuary linking technical work to practical insights.
- This role can work remotely.
- 8 years relevant actuarial, business, analytics, or finance
- 5 years of leadership including direct management or supervisory
- Advanced knowledge of actuarial principles and practices, including reinsurance, reserving and ratemaking, financial reporting, underwriting and marketing guidelines and claims practices
- Working knowledge of capital management and modeling techniques and software
- Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, finance, or a related area required