Director, Actuarial Services (Commercial)
Location: Remote, US
Job Number: 2910
- This top ranked Healthcare Company was awarded the #2 “Best Places to Work for Women & Diverse Manager” by Diversity MBA Magazine.
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks this company among the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties.
- This company provides generous merit increases, two-week parental leave, and true work-life balance
Benefits and Features
- Medical insurance, including prescription and vision coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Disability coverage
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Supplemental life and AD&D insurance for employee
- Supplemental life insurance for employee’s spouse and children
- Cash balance plan
- Savings plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay
- Tuition assistance for employees, their spouses, and eligible dependents
- Adoption assistance
The Role You Will Play
- Supervise the Commercial ACA and Commercial Underwritten Actuarial departments and various entities within firm’s Health Plan as needed to ensure department goals and objectives are met.
- To develop product pricing levels, factors and methods to ensure premium and revenue flow adequate to cover medical and administrative costs and profit margins for the various product lines consistent with corporate strategic goals. Also, to advise Firm’s Health Plan senior management on the financial impact of any special pricing or contract arrangements which may affect health plan financial profitability.
- Works closely with the underwriting department to provide pricing tools to enable underwriting personnel to produce accurate price quotes on request from Sales and Marketing staff in a timely basis, together with whatever appropriate supportive documents may be needed by sales staff to facilitate sales.
- To provide appropriate management personnel with actuarial valuations of the Impact of any proposed benefit changes or new product designs on an as-needed basis.
- The position work from a remote home office based in the United States.
- This company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA
- Experience with both commercial and government health programs preferred, specific involvement with the new MMA regulation; in-depth understanding of health insurance market dynamics.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- 8+ years of Actuarial experience in health insurance, managed care, or related consulting business
- ASA or FSA and MAAA required
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, data retrieval, PC, written and oral communication skills.