Associate Actuary, Non-Traditional
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Job Number: 3695
- Since its establishment over 45 years ago, our client has become a leader in the global life reinsurance industry. They deliver expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions and more.
- A Fortune 250 firm and recognized by the Asia Insurance Review as “Life Reinsurer of the Year”.
- Unique to the industry, this firm is run by Actuaries and employs over 750 Actuaries on staff.
Benefits and Features
- Competitive compensation
- Health and welfare insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Employee Engagement Program
- Actuarial Exam Program
- Bonus opportunities and more
The Role You Will Play
- The Associate Actuary, Non-Traditional Valuation is a strong contributor and emerging leader within a high performing group that performs financial reporting and analysis for a wide range of US and International products underlying the firm’s Non-Traditional reinsurance treaties.
- This role will focus on production and analysis of global asset intensive reinsurance and direct business.
- The Associate Actuary, Non-Traditional Valuation also contributes to the enhancement of the financial models and infrastructure by developing and maintaining actuarial assumptions, methods, models, and processes used within the valuation team.
- In addition, the role provides general valuation, financial analysis, and project assistance as needed.
- This role is entrusted to communicate with key executives as well as maintain excellent relationships with the Legal Entity, Corporate, Finance, and GFS Pricing & Risk Management teams.
- This opportunity is based in Saint Louis, Missouri, at the company’s corporate office – an exceptional office space with state-of-the-art fitness center and a variety of options for dining.
- Saint Louis offers a culture of innovation and excellence paired with historic and iconic city sights.
- With an affordable cost of living, Saint Louis is a great place to live.
- 6+ years actuarial experience in life insurance/reinsurance valuation and/or financial reporting (GAAP, Statutory, and Tax)
- Expertise in Prophet with experience using the ALS library, at least 1 Liability library and preferred expertise in at least one of the summary or GAAP cohort libraries.
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology), spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software (MoSes, Prophet, TAS, AXIS, or equivalent).
- FSA accreditation
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, or related field