Associate Actuary (Near ASA)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Number: 1665
Join an innovative actuarial team with a global company where employees are valued, appreciated and given an opportunity to grow!
- Since its establishment over 70 years ago, this company has become the premier independent provider of actuarial and risk management services to the insurance industry and self-insured organizations worldwide. Their groundbreaking work in employee benefits and financial risk management has led to significant innovations in retirement planning.
- Over the years, this company has expanded their capabilities to include enterprise risk management, retirement plan administration, predictive analytics, healthcare efficiency, and a range of other consulting and technology solutions.
- The company has built a solid foundation on inclusive innovation by working together with the best from all over the world and realizing the variety and uniqueness in everyone truly makes them a stronger organization.
- In June 2020, this firm was awarded three 2020 InsuranceERM Americas Awards. The awards recognize enterprise risk management leaders in the Americas. Their technology products were named “Analytics Solution of the Year” and “Cloud Technology of the Year”.
How the Company Appreciates You
- Industry-Leading Compensation Package
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care, transportation, medical expenses
- 401(k) with company match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Voluntary benefit opportunities
- Employee Engagement Program
- Actuarial Exams Program
Your Role with the Company
- The Associate Actuary will review, organize, and analyze statistical data; develop and utilize actuarial models; as well as analyze healthcare costs and utilization data.
- This role will contribute to client projects through building and/or updating spreadsheets, programming and checking code, reviewing and documenting work. Accuracy is vital as there will be 3-4 client projects at any given time.
- The Associate Actuary role will work closely with clients, colleagues and actuarial students.
- The Associate Actuary role is based in the Atlanta office.
- Atlanta combines all the perks of a major metropolitan city with southern charm.
- Atlanta is a great location if you enjoy outdoor recreation, sports, the arts and culture.
- 4+ years’ actuarial experience including experience in the healthcare field
- Expertise in pricing Commercial or Medicare Advantage
- Working knowledge of Medicare Advantage bid and ACA pricing
- ASA or near ASA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science or related field, required