Associate Actuary (ASA) - Life
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Number: 3232
- Since its establishment over 70 years ago, this company has become the premier independent provider of actuarial and risk management services to the insurance industry and self-insured organizations worldwide. Their groundbreaking work in employee benefits and financial risk management has led to significant innovations in retirement planning.
- Over the years, this company has expanded their capabilities to include enterprise risk management, retirement plan administration, predictive analytics, healthcare efficiency, and a range of other consulting and technology solutions.
- The company has built a solid foundation on inclusive innovation by working together with the best from all over the world and realizing the variety and uniqueness in everyone truly makes them a stronger organization.
- This firm has been awarded Insurance ERM Americas Awards. The awards recognize enterprise risk management leaders in the Americas. Their technology products were named “Analytics Solution of the Year” and “Cloud Technology of the Year”.
Benefits and Features
- Industry-Leading Compensation Package
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Group Term Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care, transportation, medical expenses
- 401(k) with company match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Voluntary benefit opportunities (Adoption benefit, identity theft protection, etc.)
- Employee Engagement Program
Your Role with the Company
- With deep actuarial subject matter expertise in individual life and annuity insurance products, the Associate Actuary is responsible for modeling and financial projections for actuarial appraisals, development and analysis of experience studies and actuarial assumptions, as well as asset adequacy analysis and cash flow testing.
- This role is also responsible for actuarial due diligence for M&A transactions, including review of financial metrics, assumptions, risks and operations of the business.
- In addition, the Associate Actuary will develop valuation models and production processes for US statutory and GAAP reporting.
- This role is entrusted to fully engage his/her/their expertise in technology, financial modeling, and analysis to develop new insurance products while providing the clients with advanced analytics and insights required to make informed decisions.
- The Associate Actuary is based in the Chicago office.
- As a large city with surrounding suburbs, Chicago offers a multitude of housing options to suit every lifestyle and a variety of transportation resources for traveling and sightseeing.
- Chicago is rich in culture, arts and entertainment.
- Expertise in an actuarial role with 3 years of experience in a strong quantitative environment
- Proficiency in Excel, VBA and SAS
- Working knowledge of insurance product modeling experience and MG-ALFA and Integrate experience
- Society of Actuaries (SOA) ASA status
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, or a similar mathematical or quantitative program of study