Assistant Actuary, Global Valuation
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job Number: 3573
- Since its establishment over 45 years ago, our client has become a leader in the global life reinsurance industry. They deliver expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions and more.
- A Fortune 250 firm and recognized by the Asia Insurance Review as “Life Reinsurer of the Year”.
- Unique to the industry, this firm is run by Actuaries and employs over 750 Actuaries on staff.
Benefits and Features
- Competitive compensation
- Health and welfare insurance
- Retirement benefits with industry-leading matching program
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Employee Engagement Program
- Bonus opportunities and more
The Role You Will Play
- The Assistant Actuary will manage, validate and reconcile valuation data including development and maintenance of controls and audit checks on the valuation data.
- This role will calculate and report liabilities on a quarterly basis under both US Statutory and tax requirements including preparation of movement analysis and investigation of unexpected changes.
- The Assistant Actuary will assist in the development and review of assumption and/or model change documentation and implementation.
- This role is entrusted to ensure that all lines of business and company risks have been modeled in a reasonable, accurate, and repeatable manner.
- This role is based at the corporate headquarters – an exceptional office space with state-of-the-art fitness center and a variety of options for dining located in Saint Louis, Missouri.
- Saint Louis offers a culture of innovation and excellence paired with historic and iconic city sights.
- 3+ years of actuarial experience in the life insurance industry
- Expertise in Access, Oracle, SQL
- Working knowledge of Prophet and/or Moddy’s AXIS
- Strong analytical skills, statistical programs, and actuarial software
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Math, Finance
- ASA accreditation