Actuarial Director - Pharmaceuticals
Location: Remote, USA
Job Number: 3429
- This top ranked Healthcare Company was awarded the #2 “Best Places to Work for Women & Diverse Manager” by Diversity MBA Magazine.
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks this company among the nation’s best hospitals in many specialties.
- This company provides generous merit increases, two-week parental leave, and true work-life balance
Benefits and Features
- Medical, Dental, prescription and vision coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Cash balance plan
- Savings plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay
- Tuition assistance for employees, their spouses, and eligible dependents
- Annual Incentives
The Role You Will Play
- The Actuarial Director, Pharmaceuticals will work on reserving, benefits and product development, underwriting pricing, and provider relations.
- Advise senior management on the financial impact of any special pricing or contract arrangements which may affect health plan financial profitability.
- Work with Appointed Actuary to ensure satisfactory filings of annual Statements of Actuarial Opinion and associated memoranda.
- Direct the development and assessment of underwriting methods and tools in order to enhance the ability of underwriting staff to accurately identify and quantify risk, and so produce price quotes which appropriately match premium to risk.
- This role will be entrusted with forecasting, compliance, and business development as well as supervision of the Actuarial department.
- The position operates out of a Remote office based in the US.
- This company is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8 plus years of experience in progressively more responsible actuarial work in health insurance/managed care or equivalent training/education.
- ASA or FSA certification by Society of Actuaries required.
- Experience with both commercial and government health programs preferred, specific involvement with the new MMA regulation; in-depth understanding of health insurance market dynamics.
- Strong PC skills, data retrieval skills, and relational database experience.