Actuarial Assistant, Risk Management
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job Number: 2981
- Since its establishment over 45 years ago, our client has become a leader in the global life reinsurance industry. They deliver expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions and more.
- A Fortune 250 firm and recognized by the Asia Insurance Review as “Life Reinsurer of the Year”.
- Unique to the industry, this firm is run by Actuaries and employs over 750 Actuaries on staff.
Benefits and Features
- Competitive compensation
- Health and welfare insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Employee Engagement Program
- Bonus opportunities and more
The Role You Will Play
- The Actuarial Assistant, Risk Management is responsible for the actuarial modeling, projection, analysis as well as automation for the Risk Management division of financial solutions Asset Intensive (AI).
- This role supports development of hedging and capital optimization strategies.
- The Actuarial Assistant, Risk Management is entrusted to participate in key unit projects and performs ad hoc requests assigned to the Risk Management division.
- This opportunity is based in Saint Louis, Missouri, at the company’s corporate office – an exceptional office space with state-of-the-art fitness center and a variety of options for dining.
- Saint Louis offers a culture of innovation and excellence paired with historic and iconic city sights.
- With an affordable cost of living, Saint Louis is a great place to live.
- 1+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance and/or reinsurance
- Superior technical skills, including database applications (Access, SQL, or equivalent technology), spreadsheets as well as experience with actuarial software (Prophet, AXIS, or equivalent)
- Working knowledge and ability to compile, analyze, refine, and interpret large amounts of financial data/results and model projections
- Expert ability to foster a teamwork and customer service focused environment partnered with the ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Sciences, Math, Finance, Statistics, or related field